Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Front Range Mountain Bike Series

I just saw this on the the ACA website.  It looks like Race Pace Promotions will be hosting 6 mountain bike events at a few locations around the front range.  They say the races will be short track and circuit length.  The first kicks off in Lakewood with a 3-mile circuit and, depending on your category, will run for 40-60 minutes.

There are five other races: 2 in Golden and 3 in Louisville (see schedule below). This is fantastic IMO. I look forward to getting a few extra races in and not having to travel 2 hours to and from.  Plus, they will be more spectator friendly, similar to CX races. 

I would like to see them expand to more than CX or Short Track lengths but, hey, this is a great start and I plan to participate as best as I can.


There should be more, in-town, MTB races.   Have you ever watched the world cup events in Houffalize, Belgium?  - In town, massive crowds, a cool mix of streets and trails.   I would love to see one in Boulder.
blog comments powered by Disqus
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000030716979