Friday, February 26, 2010

Stans' Tubeless Road / CX Rims - Alpha 340

I'm looking forward to trying these. 




I've been running tubeless on my road wheels for about 2-years now without any problems.  I converted my Mavic Open Pros using Stan's CX Rim Strips.  I got them to work but must admit it was a bit challenging getting the Hutchinson Fusion Road Tubeless tires to seat.  The Open Pros have a super deep rim cavity- much deeper than more modern rims.  As such, harder to get tires to seat. 

While I haven't had any problems, in the event the tire blew, I don't think it would stay on the rim very well, if at all.  That being said, it wouldn't if I was using a standard tube setup, either.  The ride, I must say, is very buttery.  I'm sold on road tubeless for sure.  Oh yeah, I have had one slow lead (read: no flats) in two years!

Could this the rim that can be run with low pressures for CX and NOT burp?  The tubular replacer?   If so, Stan will sell a gazillion of them.  They go on sale in the Spring supposedly. 
blog comments powered by Disqus
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000030716979