Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hookey

I managed to getaway from work and put in a solid 2-hours on the MTB this afternoon - on dirt this time.  Knowing that 2-3" of snow was coming in the early eve, it seemed to be a last chance to get out onto some dry trails for a while.


View Larger Map

I took the Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper 29er out to Green Mountain in Denver.  99% of the trail on the west and south facing sides was dry.  The riding was super fun.  The bike road superbly.  My initial sensations from the Maiden Voyage were further validated.  So far I'm really liking the 29er.  I'm not in the camp of calling it earth shattering but I like it to be sure.  I need more time on familiar trails before I declare it better, worse, or different than my Stumpjumper FSR 26" wheeled bike.  Hmm - maybe I need to keep both...sell the roadbike :-)
blog comments powered by Disqus
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000030716979