Sunday, January 17, 2010

Here I am

This is my first post of my first blog. I've been debating posting something cycling or work related for a couple of years now. I finally made myself a commitment to share some of my thoughts on my cycling experiences including product impressions, training, fun rides, and a few races. I currently have 4 bikes: a Scott Addict road bike, an S-Works Specialized Stumpjumper, an S-Works Specialized Tricross, and a Gary Fisher Rig 29er. I'm having a Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper 29 being built and plan to pick it up next week.

I truly am a gear-head through and through; I've been this way my whole life. Sometimes I hate it but most of the time embrace it ;-). Given this I try all kinds of new stuff - some I like and others not so much. As examples, I've been using a Saris Powertap SL+, a Garmin Edge 705, Zipp 303 Cyclocross Tubulars.

2010 should be interesting as I'm planning to make my primary mountain bike a 29er. I love my Stumpjumper FSR dearly so going to a 29er hardtail will be an interesting experience that I'll plan to share. I'm also going to use the Time Crunched Cyclist training program by Chris Carmichael. I'll be posting about how the program's affects on me. I'm hoping to get back to my fitness level I had 2 years ago when I had a personal coach.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my rants.
blog comments powered by Disqus
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000030716979